Plymouth North Road station was opened in 1877 as a joint station for the Great Western Railway (GWR) and the London and South Western Railway (LSWR).
Situated on the ex-GWR Main Line from London to Penzance, Plymouth is 246 miles from Paddington via Bristol (226 miles via the later route through Newbury). It was also served by the LSWR (later Southern Railway) from London (Waterloo) via Salisbury.
This simulation is based on the track layout prior to the 1959 reconstruction of Plymouth North Road Station (now known simply as Plymouth).
The weekday timetable is for 1950/51, covering 13 hours. The number of loco and ECS movements add to the very interesting operating.